How do I do a frame grab of a video on a Samsung Galaxy S3?

Orb E February 25, 2014

I have Galaxy S3. I’ve recently noticed that my video player can no longer do a frame capture. I am using Samsung Video, which is the default…

I have never downloaded any players. The system update must have changed players recently though, because seems like a couple months ago, it was a different player, and during video playback, if I touched the screen, a camera icon would appear which would allow me to grab a frame of video.

Now I no longer have that option. Any S3 users that can recommend an app? Thanks!

If you haven't tried it, disable the "Anti-shake" option in the camera to see if that helps (may only work for taking photos during video capture). If not, either pause the video and perform a palm-swipe from one edge of the screen to the other side of the screen to take a screen capture, or press and hold the Home button and then press the Power button. Otherwise, there are a few video apps that allow what you are seeking, such as VPlayer (it has gotten bad with lag recently), Frame Shot Video Image Capture, or VitalPlayer.