Who founded MakeUseOf and what’s the story behind it?

Samantha September 24, 2011

Just interested to find out. I really like this blog and when I went to the About page I got a message “Nothing found.”

I hope you fix your About page, but while you do, can someone tell the story of how MakeUseOf was started and by whom?

1. Samantha

Where's Jeff Fabish on the list? He writes here a lot too :- I don't see his name under contributors or the regular staff :-

Jeff is a contributor for Answers, much like contributors for the Directory, who prepare content behind the scenes. Contributors are not part of the MakeUseOf staff and hence don't receive the same exposure. However, you make a good point, we should add a list of contributors on Answers! Thanks for your feedback. :)

2. Samantha

Lol ^_^ I <3 u all *hugs*

3. Samantha

Aibek and Ryan are really cute. :)

thank you, Samantha!

• muotechguy

You mispelled Aibek. It should be J-a-m-e-s

• Mark O'Neill

LOL!  And she must have scrolled past my picture too fast with her mouse otherwise she would have noticed me, and then you two guys would have been totally out of the picture :-)

:)

4. Mark O'Neill

Hi Samantha. I just checked the about page and it is working - http://www.makeuseof.com/about/ .  There must have been a temporary gremlin in the system. :-)

It's all there.  MUO was started by Aibek and Kaly, and I joined in 2007 as managing editor.  Since then, MUO has been growing fast :-)