Why do I see formatting text when I make Weebly posts from my laptop?

Sabrina December 3, 2011

I manage a website on Weebly. For the past month or so, when I post an article from my laptop, the text always shows a whole paragraph of formatting details. So I have to re-copy over that text. But when I post from my PC at work it doesn’t do that. Does anyone know what this only impacts my laptop?

1) Save as a Webpage (this is under the File tab).  Now your file will have a .htm at the end.

2) Then go up to View>HTML Source, The file will now look like code.

3) Go to Weebly and insert a Custom HTML block on to your page.
    Copy and paste this code into the box after clicking Edit Custom HTML. Publish.

4) After you publish it you might see that the font size it too big. If this happen you have got back to Word and format in a different Font size and resave it again like you did above.

Hello, Does this happen when you type the text in the box or only when you use copy/paste?  Sometimes if you type your entry in word or notepad and then you copy/paste to a site like weebly, it would keep the formatting you use....specially in word.  Has there been any updates for weebly in the past month that could have caused this? 

• Sabrina

Hi, it happens when I copy an article from Word and then paste it in Weebly.  I haven´t seen any updates from weebly in the past month that might cause this either.  It´s not just that it changes the formatting (this is mostly just in reference to the spacing), but when I paste the text that I´m copying, for example "TEST", as soon as I click anywhere outside of the text box, it changes the text to: 

"Normal
      0

false
      false
      false

EN-CA
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable
      {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
      mso-style-noshow:yes;
      mso-style-priority:99;
      mso-style-qformat:yes;
      mso-style-parent:"";
      mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
      mso-para-margin:0cm;
      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
      font-size:11.0pt;
      font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
      mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
      mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
      mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
      mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
      mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
      mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
      mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
      mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

TEST"

Subject: [makeuseofanswers] Re: Why do I see formatting text when I make Weebly posts from my laptop?

have you tried to reinstal the browser

• Sabrina

No, I haven´t tried that yet.

4. Sabrina

Yes, I use internet explorer at work, while at home I'm using Mozilla, however I was creating these posts for almost a year with my laptop using Mozilla and this problem just popped up all of a sudden and I can't pinpoint what I might have done to my settings unknowingly to cause it.

Hello, are you using a different browser at home than the one you use at work? If you do, that could be one reason.