How can I format a write protected pen drive?
Question by S Sudharsan /

When I try to format my pen drive, a message comes “The disk is write protected”.  So I can’t format my pen drive. Help me quickly please.

• Joerg Sternberg

the disc is write protected. I can’t format USB pendrive 32GB

Mein SkanDisk USB Stick 32 GB laesst sich nicht beschreiben. Es erfolgt eine Meldung “Write Protected”. Wie kann ich write protected beseitigen?

• naveen

i am using sandisk 8 gb cruser i am not able to format my pen drive nor delete the items

Your pendrive is write protected and needs to remove its write protection to allow formatting.Try the tools suggested in above comments.

• SURYA

Hai friends

To format the pendrive of any responce try this procedure:

Start > Run “cmd”
    type–> diskpart
    type–> list volume
    type–> select volume #
    type–> clean

the the pendrive is clean but u cannot access the pendrive or u cant format directl.
    it will displays the formating error.and file partition is soo big.

so now follow these steps:
    step1: right click on my computer
    step2: click manage
    step3: click disk management under storage
    step4: goto to ur volume and right click on it and slect make new partition
    step5: click next many times until it finish

this will make ir pendrive working.
    thank you

• IMTIAZ ALAM

When I try to format my 8gb iBall pen drive, a message comes “The disk is write protected”. So I can’t format my pen drive. Help me quickly please.

• RAKESH

my 8gb pen drive write protect how can i format my pen drive.

• anip

pls help to format my 16 gb scandisk pendrtve……..pls urjent……….

Right click on your pendrive’s drive and click on format and click on start.

• viswanathan

my drive has 160gb but only used 50gb but its shows a free space is 70gb how do i retrive that could u help me ?or tell the solution please

• dimon

viswanathan,
      is that 70gb is unallocated space?? if so, you can go to comptr manag.>disk manag.> right click on it and format it. if its still not working r.c it again and delete it than it will automatically add to the main drive/your drive….good lck!!:)

• shardul

i have a sandisk pendrive which i cant formet….?

• Ashok Kumar Jain

When I try to format my pen drive, a message comes “The disk is write protected”. So I can’t format my pen drive. Help me quickly please.

• vikram