How can I format partitions to NTFS in Ubuntu so I can install Windows 7?
Question by Troy Norvell /

I want to change my operating system from Ubuntu Linux to Windows 7, but it says my partitions are not in the right format. How do I format them to NTFS in Ubuntu?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , , .
Windows Hacks & Customization
Windows Hacks & Customization
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Ramon Fletcher

Boot from the ubuntu live cd and use gparted to delete the partitions. Gparted can also create a ntfs partition or just let the windows boot disk do this

• ali salah

GParted partion editor is the best partion editor for linux .
    note that you’ll need to unmount the desired partions before you format them .

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

GParted is all you need, if you still want your data intact. Otherwise, tell Win7 to wipe out the entire drive.

• Efi Dreyshner

The best thing to do is to download GParted Live CD, and just do what you want…
    Be careful – I have seen a few user that have been messing around with GRUB and NTDLR, and couldn’t boot to linux

• Jonas Nordgren

what i did was deleted the partition using gparted instead of Re-formatting it, the installer formatted it with no problems at all.

• Andrew Hutson

Download a free bootable partition editor such as GParted (google it). Burn that to a disc and then boot from it. That should solve your problem.

Use GParted in Ubuntu Linux

• Zhong Jiang

use the live CD to access into Gparted configuration tool.

• Imesh Chandrasiri

download the ultimate boot disc ( just google it ) and boot from it. go to disc tools and any formatting tool. format the disc to desired format and install windows… pretty easy!