How can I format my Nokia C3-00 without losing my contacts?
Question by mukesh /

I have just 5.3MB of data on my phone’s memory, but the phone memory shows 34MB of memory used and claims no memory is left. How can I format my phone’s memory to free up space without deleting my contacts? I need to keep them safe at any cost. My phone is a Nokia C3-00.

• Reý Aetar

sync your contacts with pc suit or copy them to sim memory or use the ovi sync and then format maybe *#7370# is the code then just restore the contacts

• dianne

Hi I need your help. I just restart my phone due to it’s hanging on. When it turn on again it happens that all of the phone memory of mine is deleted, like all of the settings are changed and others are deleted. What should I do in this? The model is Nokia C3-00

• Susendeep Dutta

You must create a backup of your phone to PC using Nokia suite.

Nokia suite download page –

After that factory reset your phone and check your memory card( if using ) for viruses by scanning it in PC using a updated antivirus software like Avast,MS security essentials etc..

• Don Ashraf

my phone starts and gets off itself quickly,,,in dis situation how can i SOFT RESET it ??? i dnt wanna loose my contacts

• Jay.0

Check your battery.
      Do you get the time to dial *#7780# ?
      Else I suggest to contact local nokia care.

(You can copy contacts to your pc but I guess it is not posible if it gets switched off.)

• Taherabod

guys, thank you i was about to get creazy, i tried many times to get my data from nokia suite..

i went through the comments and posts…its very helpful…

• SH

how can i restart my nokia c3 mobile without loosing anything ?

• Jay.0

Please provide more details about your situation,
      Try hard/soft reset or firmware upgrade,
      you can backup before performing a hard reset.
      so yo do not lose anything.

• Johannes mathe

wen i go to my gallery my phone jammed,SO i don’t know the problem cause it switched itself off.There is only one track but if i try to play it switches the phone off

can you provide more details ?
      The track is on your memory card ?
      than you can try to remove the track from your memory card using pc.

• Taha Zulfiqar

suddenly my nokia c3 software is corrupt may b due to virus.. n all of my settings along with my contacts in sim n phone are deleted i dont noe how can u please tell me if i can retrieve my contacts back ?

Did you restart the cell ? possible that it just failed to read the contacts.

if restarting does not work :
      Connect your cell in pc suite mode.
      and click on contacts.

If you had connected your cell phone via pc suite, before this accident.
      then it is possbile, that the pc and phone will  sync and contacts stored on the pc will be copied to your phone.

Else i dont know ohter solution, visit nokia care.

(or try soft reset but i odnt hink it will help much.So far Nokia c3 is the most problematic nokia phone on this site ! )

• Subbun95

Jays is OK
    U can have other option
    use backup option to backup all phone data to your memory card and format your phone using a code *#7370# or use settings option from your phone to restore.

yes, back up option is there, but he will have to exclude most of the things and check only contacts, because he wants to get rid of some hidden files that occupied the memory, which should not be included in the back up.

If you do not have nokia pc suite :
      Download it from here:

click back up and
      select first option : back up
      then you will be prompted to select the thing you want to include in the back up.
      select contacts only (you can select messages etc also, but be careful that you do not select something that is occupied your memory. )

If will save a back up file.

and you can restore your contacts using that back up file with the restore option later after formatting.

this is easy and almost tested my me. You must need nokia pc suite which comes along in a cd with the phone in most cases.

step 1 :
    open pc suite.
    click contacts
    select all .right click and copy (ctrl +c)
    paste to a folder on ur pc (do not forget the location of folder when importing back!)

step 2 :format your cell

step 3 :

open pc suite:
    click contacts
    file menu > import
    navigate (open the folder that has copied contacts)
    select contacts and import.

• Mukeshjaipur77

my problem is contenu,i can not format my phone memory,my phone is nokia c3-00,i do not have computer

Did you try soft reset or hard reset ? Does it show any error ?

hard reset :dial : *#7370#  it will format your phone memory , (it will restore to factory setings and delete all the data from phone memory. back up data if you need)soft reset :dial :*#7780#  it will not delete the personal data like contact and text will restore factory settings without deleting all the data from phone memory