How can I format Linux and install Windows 7?

sumanth November 16, 2011

How can I format my Linux hard drive and install a Windows 7 operating system instead?

Hello, all you need is the windows 7 installation disk.  Once you have the disk, insert disk into DVD/CD drive and restart computer.  You will have to make sure to change the boot order to DVD/CD in BIOS.  To enter BIOS, you have to keep pressing the delete, F1, F2 key when booting up.  The key you need to press varies depending on the BIOS installed in your computer.  Alternately, you can find out the key to change the boot order only for this time.  Most times the key is F10-F12.  The sure way to finding out what that key is, is to pay attention when computer is booting and look for the option: to enter setup press key.  If boot up is running to fast for you to see, you can press the Pause key.  Follow the tutorial on the next link, and if your computer fills all the requirement, you are good to go: