Why are folders of photos that I copy with iTunes deleted on my jailbroken iPhone 3G?

dr.manoj May 11, 2011

My iPhone 3G was just jailbroken. When I copy a new folder of photos using iTunes, the old folder of photos on my iPhone gets deleted. Help me to solve this!

Have you tried to use another soft

iphonebrowser
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/
    Open the iPhoneBrowser and connect your iPhone to the computer via the USB cable. The iPhoneBrowser should detect the iPhone and show the file structure on its screen.

DiskAid
    http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid

Did this occur after the Jailbreak (as in it was working before) or did you just notice it after the Jailbreak?

One thing you have to keep in mind is that synchronization always follows the iTunes settings.

This means if you have selected "Folder 1" and "Folder 2" to sync to your phone only those two will be synchronized. Everything else on your phone for example "Folder 3" will be deleted.

In your case if this deleted photo folder only exists on your phone you will first have to copy it to your computer (on a Mac via iPhoto or Image Capture), select it for synchronization within iTunes and then go ahead with it.

• Manojmanuaugustine

dear mike
      thanks a lot.but i need more help.it started after jail braking.when i copy folder 2 the old folder already copied to phone that is folder 1 will get deleted.i cant select individual photos to copy to i phone all wanted and unwanted photos of that folder gets copied.

I'm not sure I correctly understand, anyways...

If you synchronized Folder 1 to your iPhone and later on deselect it from synchronization it will be deleted. That's how iTunes works.

If you select Folder 2 in addition to Folder 1 to be synchronized both folders will be available on your phone.

If you want only selected (individual) photos from Folder 1 and another bunch of Folder 2 you should copy those to a new Folder and select this new one e.g. Folder 3 for synchronization.

If a Folder get's deleted that was never part of synchronization you either have selected the option to delete and replace the informations on the iPhone or it is a bug with Jailbreak...

• Manojmanuaugustine

thanks mike.will contact soon. it may be a bug.i have given phone back to re jail break.will tell u after  .tel me how to select and deselect photos from synchronization.will tell u after  .tel me how to select and deselect photos from synchronization