How can I make folders open rather than search results and edit the right-click menu in Windows?

Dan September 22, 2011

For example when I am in ‘my documents’ or any other folder and double click on a specific folder, it opens ‘search results’. I have to right click and select ‘open’, is second on the list. How can I swap them?

if you are on xp try this
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

1. XP: Click Start > Run and type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll then press Enter.
    Vista:
    Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    Right-click Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
    At the Command Prompt, type: regsvr32 shell32.dll

Click on Start -> Run.  In the text box, type "regedit.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  In Regedit, browse to the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshell.  Double-click on the Default value and change it to "none" (without the quotes).  I don't recall if a reboot is required after this change (haven't had to do it for years).  Let me know if it doesn't work so I can check a few other possibilities.

3. Rlbkpb

I'm having the same problem... it's driving me crazy.  If this is some kind of Google benefit, I don't want it.  I have always liked double-clicking on a file and having it open.
    I hope someone can help.
    Bob