Why is a folder invisible on my laptop after I merged it with OneDrive?

February 11, 2014

Hi,

In my laptop I copied some folders from OneDrive to another drive with same name (it asked if I want to merge them and I clicked on Yes). Now the folder is invisible. I clicked “show hidden files, folders  and drives” but even so the problem persists. Please help, thanks in advance.

Thanks, so it would be more accurate to say that the folder has disappeared.
    Now, it may have become invisible, or perhaps it its name or location may have changed. It might have even been deleted (hopefully not!). I would start by searching for a document or folder which was stored in it, right click on it and look in the properties. This will show you where the OneDrive folder is and what it is called. Once you have that, you can start working out what to do about correcting the situation.

I'm a little mystified by the question - if the folder is completely invisible, how do you know it's there at all?

• Siva K

Dear Oron,

Previously its there but when i copied the content from another drive it has prompted me for Merging folders. after that its Invisible.

UNCHECK “ Hide protected operating system files”. Click apply or OK. see if your folder shows up.

install everything
    http://www.voidtools.com/
    search for the folder that is hidden, if you see then copy paste to desktop
    use everything to delete that folder
    then move back the folder to the drive.

go to “RUN” from start menu and type attrib -s -h D:/filename (d: is the external hard drive, maybe different in your case)
    or open cmd with administrative rights: type: ATTRIB -S -H *.* /S /D