I want to resolve the issue of error in Window Update error 80072EE2. I tried every possible way, but could not resolve it. Please suggest! This is for Window 7 Professional .
On my (company) machine there was a proxy set for the system (not in IE):
"netsh winhttp show proxy" showed it. Had to "netsh winhttp reset proxy" to take it out.
After that Windows Update worked again.
IF you use a different firewall add these exceptions : http://*.update.microsoft.com
this is probably temporary i have encountered it too. Just wait and it will in most cases be fixed on it's own.
Do you might have a spam problem on this internet site; I also am a blogger, and I used to be questioning your circumstance; we've designed some good techniques and were looking to exchange possibilities with other men and women, be positive to blast me an e-mail if significant.
If you receive Windows Update error 80072ee2 while checking for updates, the Windows Update servers might be experiencing an unusually high number of requests for updates. Close Windows Update, wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then run Windows Update again. You can also wait for Windows Update to run at its next scheduled time.
trying to save your time reading the windows forum! :)
Have you solved this problem yet looks like you have had lots of help if not here is another link for you - http://theitbros.com/how-to-solve-the-windows-update-error-80072ee2
These are some places you can try
Visit the links below to troubleshoot your issues -
Windows Update error 80072ee2
Windows Update Microsoft Solution
on cmd type
regsvr32 jscript.dll and hit enter
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll and hit enter
repeat with the rest msxml.dll, bscript.dll, softpub.dll,wintrust.dll, initpki.dll, cryptdlg.dll.
their is aproblem in the site, i make the post one time but after refreshing the page i found a repeated post many times also my name and acount data is avaliable as will as my point but the site still insest to ask me to log
Your duplicates have been removed. Sorry for the delay!
you need to delete temprory update files
1) Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
2) Double-click the local hard disk where Windows is installed, typically drive C.
3) Double-click the Windows folder, and then double-click the SoftwareDistribution folder.
4) Double-click the DataStore folder to open it, and then delete all files and folders in the folder. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
5) Click the Back button. In the SoftwareDistribution folder, double-click the Download folder to open it, and then delete all files in the folder. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Just go back to last check point of windows before update and try again with the windows update
Have you tried the possible solutions presented here? It appears that it is timing out when attempting to contace the update servers. Is your firewall getting in the way? Antivirus/antimalware software? Instant messaging? Download or internet accelerators? Proxy server?
Have you tried these?
According to Microsoft it's a problem with contacting the update servers.
Try to visit http://update.microsoft.com to see if you can get there in general.
Other then that I recommend the following tool. If there is a problem with Windows Update itself this should fix it.