How can I fix my thumbnail icon previews in Windows 7 Explorer?

RayInLV May 24, 2010

I have a different problem. I like thumbnail previews in Explorer. They were quick and fast, i.e. thumbs.db was working. Then, on May 17th they quit.

Every time I open a directory or library they are built from scratch. My folder options are set correctly, and I have checked all articles I could find. There is a GPEdit program that I don’t have with Windows 7 Home Premium that seems to have the control feature. This must mean there are registry entries that control it.

Anyone know how I can get them to rebuild. I actually deleted the Thumbs.db files and they do not come back. I’m different. I want them…

RayInLV, did you manage to fix this? Let us know.

The easiest method that might help you solve the problem is by fixing the Windows installation. Just insert the Windows installation disk and you will see the menu ("Fix Windows Installation" or something similar, I don't remember the exact wording) next to Install.