How do I fix “System UI has stopped” errors on my Android tablet?

Suvadeep P June 28, 2014

Hello,
I am facing a problem with my HCL Me U1 tablet. Suddenly it started to give this error: “Unfortunately, the System UI has Stopped”.
I have trying formatting the tab. Even wiping the internal storage and factory reset. Still doesn’t work.
Last app installed was whatsapp.
Android Version: 4.0.3
Help.

1. Suvadeep P

@ Hovsep A: Thanks a ton bro...it really worked and my tab is working fine now.

thanks for your feedback, glad that your problem was solved easily:) keep a copy of the image:)

maybe you can try to flash HCL Me U1 tablet
    http://mytabletguru.com/flash-hcl-me-u1-tablet/

3. Suvadeep P

@Susendeep D: Saw it didn't work.
    @Rajaa Chowdhury: How am I supposed to remove the battery from HCL tab? can you plz help.

Remove the battery and re-insert and reboot. Change to default theme and wallpaper.

Try the suggestion given in the below video -

How to Fix "Unfortunately (any app) has stopped" in Android

• Howard B

Unfortunately, "Clear Data" (not "Clean Data," as the video says) will ERASE all settings in the app; for a game, unless it uses Play Games for cloud saves, that will delete your saved game; for POP3 mail clients, that will log you out of your mail server and delete any mail you have downloaded (POP3 does not keep delivered mail on the server); etc. etc. This will NOT fix any problems that the app may be having, despite what the video says: Bugs in the app will CONTINUE to make it crash. It won't fix a flaky SD card (in case you moved the app to SD). It won't fix a damaged or sub-standard device (many "no-name" tablets are designed by 2 or 3 people in Shenzhen who don't know what they're doing, just trying to make a fast buck).

Linking to these "know-it-all" videos is doing a GREAT disservice to people that think it will actually FIX anything.

• Susendeep D

Howard,

I very well know that this tablet is rebranded version of Chinese OEM.But saying this thing to a person suffering from a problem will get hurt.I'm not here to hurt anybody,just trying to assess his condition and help him so as to give him a glimmer of hope for recovery.