How can I fix stuck pixels that appear in a line from top to bottom of my screen?

Jeanne Solis April 9, 2010

I have had a green line up the middle of my LCD laptop screen, and it now has a yellow friend a few inches to the right. How do I get rid of them?

Jeanne,

were you able to fix your stuck pixels? If yes, how did you do it?

2. Saikat Basu

We had a great post by Tina a while back. Here it is - 5 Ways To Fix A Stuck Pixel On Your Screen. It covers everything from online solutions to software ones. Last but not the least, a hands-on manual approach too. Hope it solves your problems.

Jeanne,

Make sure to check recommendations mentioned in comments to Tina's article. Please let us know if you manage to fix it.

I had a similar problem to what you are describing. One day, my laptop screen had like a blurry line about one inch think down the center for the screen. It made that section of the screen brighter. A couple of weeks later, there was another one. A couple of weeks after that, the entire right hand side of the screen now does not work. It is just black.
    So I am not aware of any quick fix. But if your laptop is still under warranty, I suggest that you get it looked at and fixed. Because your laptop may do what my one did. It is now acting as a desktop PC with a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to it.