How can I fix sound in Linux Wubi?

crazy rag August 8, 2010

Due to some problems with Windows XP, I switched to Linux Wubi. But now I’m encountering sound issues. No sound. I tried to call through Skype and tried to play music. No use no sound. I verified cables, volume control (in and out), but no use. Please help!

1. Josh Fox

Have you tested it with different sound formats? If you try wav or ogg files and the work, you probably just need codecs installed. If they don't work either, are you sure you have the right sound device enabled? If it has an HDMI port, it probably has a sound device listed. Also, many dial-up modems will list a sound card as well.

You still need drivers for Unix. What sound card are you using, also you may need to be able to use Terminal, command line.

3. jhpot

When you say Linux Wubi, do you mean you used the Wubi installer (http://wubi-installer.org/) to install Ubuntu? If so, you're using Ubuntu. This is important because it helps answer your question.

Another thing that could help answer your question is the kind of computer you have; give the specific model if you can. Even better, what sound card do you have? Let me know how much info you can give and I'll see if I can help.