How can I fix the sound on my computer?

pranita February 2, 2010

No sound comes from my computer (Windows XP).
There is no problem with the speaker as they work on other computers.
I have installed the audio drivers too but still i get a error saying no audio device. I can view a video but without sound.

1. Tech Support Guy

Anyway have you make sure the pins are connected to the right ports at the back of the sound card?

Anyway volume icon i the systray?

2. Guest

Also you should make sure the pins inserted into the ports of the audio card are properly inserted and in the right order..

3. Robert_M

One common trick geeks like to do is simply uninstalling the drivers and rebooting your system.To do this:

1. Right click on My Computer and choose Properties
    2. Then go to the Hardware Tab and select Device Manager.
    3. Find your sound card within the Sound Device menu and Right click.
    4. Choose Uninstall and press OK. Reboot your PC.

Note: If you bought an additional sound card add-on, make sure you have the drivers CD before attempting this. If not, then disregard this note.

When Windows loads up again you will get a notification about "new hardware" being found and it should install the proper drivers automatically.

Hope this helps.

• Alexisrayo

it works! thank you for the information u given., God bless..

4. Pranita

OS-windows XP professional
    yes it was working earlier . whenever i play a sound file it gives an no audio device error.if i play a movie i can view the video but no sound.i didnt reformat it. the system is not muted. even the master volume settings are correct.there is no problem with speaker as they work on other computer.

5. ├Žnon1mus

Pranita,

Can you please elaborate? What OS are you using? Has your sound system ever worked? If so, what brand/make is it? Have you reformatted your computer recently? Have you checked if the system is muted? Have you checked the master volume settings?