How can I fix software that is “not responding” after a recent Windows update?

Jenn March 13, 2010

Earlier today, I had about 5 windows update, when I was shutting down.
After installing, my IE, Msn messenger, and yahoo messenger won’t work. It will say “not responding”. My chrome is the only thing working.
I tried to do scan disk, and nothing was found. When I tried to do a sys restore there was an error too.
I am currently using Windows 7 and 64 bit.
Any can please help me.
TYVM
Jenn

1. Jenn

I have a Toshiba.
    Sys restore didnt work.
    So i did a clean re install instead.
    *this is the 3rd time I have done this*
    Seems to happen a after a few days after I install windows updates.
    And i noticed in the capabilites will say my ie, and messenger were for xp version.
    Very weird

If this happens after running Windows updates my suggestion would be to install ONLY the IMPORTANT updates. Your PC won't be any less secure if you don't install the optional updates.

2. Steve Campbell

I would look into doing a restore to a time prior to the date your updates were installed. Ideally, this would set your computer back to how it was just before you experienced your problems. Then you can restart your computer and see if the update works properly the next time.

3. 007

let me know weather this works or not.

4. 007

Are you using DELL computer, if that the answer is yes, you have an option where you can bring the computer to its Factory setting!!!!!! Do Back UP all your data !!!!!!!!!! before you do this step, since this step will revert all the hardware and software settings to the factory condition itself...