How can I fix a script error message in Internet Explorer 8?
Question by Irish /

How do I fix the error in Internet Explorer 8 which says stop running this script? It will slow down my computer.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Tamirat

when I open any program many times Internet explorer display error message on the desktop. This disturb me.

What version of Windows and Internet Explorer are you using? Did you try to upgrade Internet Explorer? It’s strange that your browser displays an error when you open another program. Can you share a little more what the error message says or looks like?

• Tamirat

- the widow version is window xp sp3
      – I use internet explorer 8
      – The error message says that “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?”

Does this happen when you open a new link from within Internet Explorer? What websites does it happen with? Any?

• Tamirat

when i open any program the error message displays.
      even if with no internet connection.

• Jeffery Fabish

Microsoft released a Fix It tool to automate this repair. Read more about that here.

If that doesn’t work, manually troubleshoot this issue.

can you please be a little more specific and share with us when this error message occurs? For example does it come up whenever you open the browser or when you visit a specific website?

Also, what is the exact wording of the error message?