How do I fix a runtime error that comes on before I can log in on Windows 7?

cryser January 7, 2012

So this problem I have happens before I can get to the log in screen. I get an error message saying nvvsvs.exe has requested the run time to terminate in a unusual way.

Now I know that it has something to do with my graphics card. I look at some other problems like this, but they all involve putting the computer on Safe Mode. Now when I try putting my computer on Safe Mode, the same thing happens as before.

So I need help getting my computer into Safe Mode. Then from there I can fix my computer, hopefully. Any help will be appreciated. =)

Hello, do you have an installation or a repair disc?  If you do, you could try starting a system repair.  Once the advanced option screen show, you could try selecting system restore.  That way you can restore your system back to before problem started, provided there is a restore point. 

Another possible option could be selecting the repair option and once in advanced options, select the command prompt.  Once in command prompt you could navigate to C:windowssystem32 and try to delete the nvvsvs.exe file.  Chances are if you delete this file, windows 7 will use generic drivers at next restart.  Once you can boot into windows normally, you can reinstall your nvidia drivers.

nvvsvs.exe is part of your nvidia display driver package and has somewhow become corrupted. 

uninstall nvidia driver reboot and let windows to install a new driver then you can update to the latest, or prior that download the new driver from nvidia web page and after reboot install the new driver.

go to this web page
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
    use the scan feature to see if you have the latest driver