How can I fix “there was a problem starting winfqd32.rom…” error?

MUSTAFA September 28, 2010

Upon every login to my pc I get the following message “there was a problem starting winfqd32.rom the specified module could not be found“. What is it?

The error comes under the head “RunDLL”, I don’t know what settings were changed.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

1. Best Registry Cleaner

I think you have a malware too.

2. Ryan

Somewhere on your computer it is trying to run the file "winfqd32.rom" at start up, and the file "winfqd32.rom" has been removed. Because of this you get an error because it cant find it.

There are a few places you can look. The first is to see if it is trying to start up in your System Configuration Utility. To get there, go to start, run, and type "msconfig" (no quotes) and hit enter. This should pop up the System Configuration Utility. Selected the "Startup Tab" on the far right. This is all the "stuff" that is set up to run when your start windows. Look for something that links to "winfqd32.rom" in the "command" area. If it is there uncheck the check mark. Then click apply. Restart your computer and the error should be gone. You will also get a box that will pop up on start up because you changed some start up options. Just click the check mark to not remind you again and click ok.

It could also be somewhere in your computer registry. This can be very hazardous to your computer if you don't know what you're doing. Once again go to Start, and then Run, and then type "regedit" and hit enter. Go to "File" and then hit "Export". Save this file somewhere easy like at the root of your C: drive. This file you are exporting is a back up of your registry in case you screw up you can import it back to how it is now. After this go to "Edit", and then select "find". Search for "winfqd32.rom" and see if it finds it anywhere. If it does, delete that instance of it. That should keep it from trying to launch and remove the error.

This technique can be used for almost any error. Lots of these errors happen because spyware/malware/viruses get onto your computer and install themselves, and then they get partially removed by anti-malware/spyware/virus which then leads to errors.

Hope this helps, and if you don't feel confident it doing it, you are probably better off just dealing with the error instead of trashing your whole computer...

• MUSTAFA

Hi Ryan,

I followed all the steps as you said and the error has gone . Thanks to you.

I think you have a malware, scan with superantispyware and malwarebytes antimalware also with a trojan soft.

you can use hijackthis and search for the process to kill.

alternatively use system restore point to go back where everything was fine.