How can I fix my optical mouse?

gerald hazard August 7, 2011

My Pro Micro optical mouse only works when I hold it sideways. If I hold it flat, the red light is not on, but if I hold it sideways, the red light comes on. I opened it up and could find nothing loose. Sometimes if I shake it just a little the light comes on

Gerald,

did changing the batteries do the trick or did you find another way to fix your mouse? Please let us know. Thank you!

Hello, if I am not mistaken the pro micro optical mouse is wireless.  That means that the receiver is connected to usb.  How long ago did you change the batteries.  From my previous experience, most of the problems with wireless mouse/keyboards are caused by depleted batteries.  Get a pack of good quality batteries and change them.  Once batteries are changed, try resetting the device.  If the steps above don't solve your problem, unplug your receiver from the usb port for a few seconds and then plug it back again.  What operating system are you running?