How can I fix my netbook’s blue screen of death?

Swaggrous Emeks September 9, 2012

I use a Samsung net book NF310. it was working fine until a few weeks ago when i put it on and it showed a windows error recovery message which showed—

WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT BE THE CAUSE.
IF WINDOWS FILES HAVE BEEN DAMAGED OR CONFIGURED INCORRECTLY, START-UP REPAIR CAN HELP DIAGNOSE AND FIX THE PROBLEM.IF POWER WAS INTERRUPTED DURING START-UP, CHOOSE START WINDOWS NORMALLY.

Ichoose the two options but they ended up showing a blue screen and the net book reboots itself coming back to the windows error recovery message.I also tried the advanced boot options(safemode and others) by pressing F8 while the computer was booting but it just shows a blue screen and restarts.I disabled auto restart on system failure, windows was starting and a blue screen showed up which showed this;

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION , ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED.

IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING.IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFEMODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS, THEN SELECT SAFEMODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x85AF1438, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
note :I cant get into safe mode to disable those component.
please, makeuseof crew and members, i need your help to fix my computer.

1. Anju Kansal

hello.. I am getting exactly same message on my laptop since last ten days.. please help me too.. i have very important data in my laptop.. please inform me too if u are able to find the solution to this problem.. i will be very thankful to you.. please please please msg me

2. Gabriel Avila

you either restart it and it goes away or you install a new hard drive with a new program that is capable with your pc, or start it on safe mode and start installing new drives

3. Gian Singh

Try to reinstall windows if that doesnt work than it could be a hardware problem

4. muotechguy

Sounds like your drive died. Hope you took backups; if not, consider this a lesson for the future. Return if under warranty; attempt to replace yourself; or pay a technician to do the job.

5. Patrick Jackson

Well, I am 'afraid' that it's a serious hardware problem - your hard drive may have got corrupted.

First, do nothing with the hardware if you haven't. Use your friend's computer to prepare a Live USB Ubuntu distro (just search how in MUO!).

Boot it up and try to mount or simply access your hard drive. If unable, contact a Samsung centre for the same.

All the best!

6. Dave Rimmer

This is what I http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2605/fixing_the_dreaded_unmountable_boot_volume_error/could find on this error hope it works for you -

7. Cla

that's funny

8. Freecycle Me

If your life is on your hard drive, I would consider making a backup image of the whole disk using clonezilla and perhaps boot up a live linux distro to look at individual files you would like to save as a secondary backup source. As netbooks do not have optical drives you would need to create bootable USBs for these and then use something like an external hard disk of some sort.

9. Joel Alar

I agree with Dalsan, unmountable boot volume is a symptom of defective harddrive. if checkdisk did not work please try to backup all your important files and reformat the harddrive.

see if boot option is on hard drive containing windows, also check cables

11. Dalsan

I have read similar problems and saw that you may have to remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer, then run checkdisk to repair it. Somehow the system files became corrupt and for some unknown reason doesn't allow you to access system repair, even from a Windows disc.