How can I fix the microphone in a fresh installation of Windows 7?

bharath January 3, 2011

I formatted my system and installed Windows 7 transformation file. However, after formatting I didn’t get voice in microphone. How to resolve this? Thank you.

1. Ntnisaias

If I were you I would reistall its drivers use drivereasy http://www.drivereasy.com, check the obvious your volume for your microphone etc. but I think drivereasy will fix it for you also try drivergenius but this one is a pay for program not a freeware like drivereasy.

2. Dave Drager

Where have you tested your microphone, and does the System Settings show that there are any drivers missing? I had a problem with my microphone in Skype but it was a Skype only problem and not a real problem with the system.

Did you install the drivers for your sound card?

• Bksunshine8

yes mam .. sound is coming from speaker..

What about's Dave point? Does your microphone not work anywhere or is it just not working with one specific program, like Skype?

Did you try to unplug and replug the microphone? It might be a hardware issue.

By the way, what is the Windows 7 transformation file you're talking about? Did you upgrade to Windows 7? Is this a special type of installation that you didn't have before?