How can I fix my memory card?

Shahid August 26, 2011

I have a problem with my memory card. It is not working. Actually, it was dropped in mud just for sometime. When I took it back and put it in my cell, it was asking for formatting, but I can’t do that. After that I put it in a card reader and connected it with computer. There when opened a box appears which contains a message that “Please insert a disk into drive E:”

Kindly tell me the solution of this problem. Remember that I don’t want to format my card because it contains very important data. Thanks!

1. Jabeshsigasig

i have a problem with my memory card as i downloaded or receive files from other devices the music is kinda broken and the other files are corrupted so i decided to format it as i finished formatting my memory card i downloaded music again i dont know why but the result is the same..please help me thanks!

First you will have to (carefully) clean up the connectors using some cloth or towel and something that doesn't leave another "coat" on them (e.g. rubbing alcohol).

Then just insert the card into the card reader. If the card is still not detected (not present in Disk Management) there really isn't much you can do because no software can recover data form a non-present device.

If it is detected (doesn't matter if the file system is recognized or not) then you can go ahead using recovery software e.g. TestDisk.
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

A few articles have already been written on this topic.

How To Make Corrupt USB Jump Drives Work Again
    5 Tips On How To Use A Jump Drive Without Corrupting Your Data
    How to Recover Data from a Corrupt Memory Card or USB Drive

Though anytime any piece of hardware (that wasn't mean to be) comes in intimate contact with liquid, I would write it off as broken. From my experience, they haven't been recoverable.

I hope those articles help, if they don't - post back!