How can I fix my MacBook Pro that won’t turn on?

Irene December 8, 2011

I walked through the rain with my Mac in my bag? When I got home, I opened my laptop and found I’d forgot to turn it off. I decide to turn it off, and then I use the same bag again to walk to another place. Now when I check my Mac again I found it’s wet and my laptop won’t turn on. Does anyone know what to do?

remove the battery and press on on for like 2minutes, insert the battery and see the outcome.

First of all you should not try to turn it on again until you are sure any and all water that may have gotten inside is dried out.

Depending on how you turned it off and how long it was running before being turned off there is a chance that the SMC is confused and needs to be reset. Follow the steps on this page about how to reset the SMC.

If you have luck your MacBook Pro will turn on again.

If it doesn't you can only visit the next Apple Authorized Service Provider. 
    Have them take a look at it and request a quote for the repair ~ which is probably going to be pricey. If the logic board was damaged you are easily looking at $600-$1000 or more excluding work time.

Oh, and don't try to beat around the bush. Mobile Macs have submersion sensors like the iPhone and if it got wet inside the technician will find out.