How can I fix jumpy text issues in WordPress?

David Jeffries January 22, 2011

When I’m in the HTML mode in my WordPress blog post, the text keeps jumping to the top line. It does this as I type and when I let the page sit idle for a few moments. When I scroll down to add text or edit, it will stay put for a few more moments then it jumps back to the top of the text.

1. Sara Cope

You guys are right. Not sure if this is the browser you are using but, I found a post on how to fix this in IE8. Check out the full article for instructions on how to activate the Compatibility View. http://tinyurl.com/y2hwoml

"The workaround to fix the WordPress editor view jumping around up and down issue is by forcing the blog to display in IE8 Compatibility View, which been offered in IE8 for viewing websites designed for older browsers so that the websites look better and corrects problems such as out-of-place menus, images or text."

2. Seo Hammer

It's definitely something to do with the browser. The most specific area to look for the solution is browser specific plugins . If you have installed any plugin for your browser then you can try disabling all of them and restarting your browser before trying it again. Hope that helps.

I would suggest trying other browser as well. If the issue doesn't occur in the other browser it might due to some issue with the browser itself.

Just a shot in dark. Have you tested if this happens with other browsers? Remember that not all browsers are made equal.

The what you see is what you get editor used by WordPress is based on Javascript. Most forum's wysiwyg are based on Javascript for that matter. I would say that it might not only be a problem with WordPress but also an issue with Javascript or how Javascript is interpreted by the browser. As you may know browsers implement Javascrip in different ways.

As a possible quick fix, try disabling the wysiwug editor and using the visual editor. The only thing with using the visual editor is that you have to be familiar with tags. Have you visited the WordPress forums for support?