How can I fix issues with the GMail app on my Samsung Galaxy Android 2 phone?

Nancy April 15, 2011

I can’t open my GMail anymore on my Samsung Galaxy (Android 2). Apparently, I entered something incorrectly in my password or other access data (those touch-sensitive keys!!) and now I can’t get in, even to change the settings. And I can’t seem to delete the GMail app to start over, since it was pre-installed. Help, please!

1. airish

i forgot my email and my password how can i open my samsumg galaxy y?i can't open it now

• Susendeep Dutta

Firstly,it's necessary to recover your username.To do it follow the instructions given in the link below and select the " I forgot my username " radio button if not selected and answer will pop in below -

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346

Now,to recover password,click on the radio button " I forgot my password " and you'll be asked further questions and will be given instructions accordingly which you need to follow.

@e5ee58c07aafa4d5b9c9a2856e8475fd:disqus K9 mail is a free and WAYYYYY BEETTTTER application for mails than GMAIL.... you should try it :D

3. Willx Robinson

Hi Nancy,

Go into your phone's Settings > Applications and sync > Under 'Manage Accounts' - press the G logo > At the bottom of the screen select 'Remove Account'.

This will wipe all the application's stored information and allow you to start using it again from scratch.

@ha14: Factory restore?! That's a bit extreme - try doing doing some research before coming out with something like that; especially as a first post...

Willx,

thanks for your comment! This sounds like a decent solution. Would love to hear from Nancy whether it worked out for her.

• Nancy

Tina, thank you. You were correct -- the only way to solve the problem was a factory restore. Deleting the account on the Galaxy did NOT work. It was quite a new phone, so the restoration wasn't too bad.

Thanks for the feedback, Nancy! :)

• Srs 45 James

factory restore is right, I had similar issues, just deleting the account does not work

Nancy,

did you try the factory restore and did it work? Please let us know in case you need more help. Thank you!

Try factory restore your phone, but prior make a backup of your files.