How can I fix iPhone delay in downloading Gmail?

Andrew February 8, 2010

Recently my iPhone 3GS’s syncing to my Gmail has been misbehaving. I open the mail for Gmail (using the iPhone mail app), and although it goes through an “Updating”; it doesn’t seem to truly sync with what is in my Gmail Inbox. It still has messages I’ve deleted via the computer and doesn’t show new ones, or it shows 1 new message in my “All Messages” mailbox, but not the new one in my Inbox.

Are you using ActiveSync (aka Google Sync)? I had some issues with my 3G and ActiveSync. I switched to IMAP because I do not care about push, and I have not had any problems since

2. JR

Check your GMail settings...it could be a POP/IMAP conflict. Disable POP and allow only IMAP to be configured.
    I can't verify it is a fix but it is worth a shot.

I have the same or a similar problem. I have a Droid & I have Gmail on all my computers.
    I notice that, sporadically, Gmail on the Droid isn't syncing whereas it syncs perfectly on the computers. The E-mail will arrive on my Droid after I've read, archived, or deleted it on my computers.