How do I fix iPad 2 iTunes sync problems?

Michael hawkins December 28, 2014

I have a library of 20,000 files of music stored in iCloud. I use iTunes Match to access them on my iPhone 5 and Samsung Smart TVs. Using these devices, there are no problems.

My difficulty is with my iPad 2. Every time I access the music app on the iPad, iTunes Match goes through the loading process. When completed it only shows the purchased music. All iOS updates have been completed and access by this iPad is OK. I have about 1000 purchased tracks in the cloud. When I try to play any of the purchased music the cloud symbol changes to the circle to suggest that the track is loading but after about 5 seconds the cloud symbol returns and the app moves on to the next track where the same thing happens again.

This keeps on cycling through every track that is listed but nothing plays. Also none of my playlists appear on the iPad but do on other devices. As I said all tracks are fine on phone and smart TVs.

I have tried restoring and restarting the iPad a large number of time and have checked the show, all tracks and match functions. I have checked that I am logged into the cloud. I have not had problems with playing and accessing music in the past but cannot work out what may have happened.

1. Cara

Try a iTunes alternative.

SynciOS: http://www.syncios.com/

2. Jan F.

two things I can think of:
    Make sure iTunes Match and "Show all Music" is turned on under Settings > Music
    Make sure your iPad is connected to your WiFi, if you are using mobile data only make sure "Use Cellular Data" is turned on in Settings > iTunes & App Store.