How can I fix a failed Windows 7 installation?

kusum July 1, 2011

I tried to install Windows 7 dark edition by using USB drive. But meanwhile I interrupted. Now my computer is not opening and a message something like this is displayed: “The installation process cannot be started.”

I don’t know what to do, Please help me!

1. Joseph Gorman

If you are unable to resume your Windows installation, you can download and burn a linux LiveCD (for instance, Ubuntu) and use that to format your hard drive (use NTFS or FAT32, not an EXT filesystem) and try reinstalling after that.

Yeh, perhaps I'm missing the point here, but can't you just install again? And this time, don't remove the drive half way through. 

ps, careful with those hack-job pirate editions, I find they're usually full of bloatware and crapware, and the risk of having a virus baked into your system is rather high. Not worth the risk for a slightly customized OS, IMHO.

I totally agree - stay away from those hackjob torrent Windows versions. They are the ones who are really calling home...

3. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Well, it seems to me that the installation never completed to begin with.

Shutdown your computer. Turn it on and try your installation one more time.