How can I fix an error with my Blackberry’s memory card?
Question by malito /

My 2GB memory card in my Blackberry shows an error and says ‘disk has to be formatted’. I tried using chkdsk command in run to repair it, but the run window flashes and closes. Please help me!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk

• xox

none of my buttons are working but my screen lights up and i cant go on anything what do i do:/?

“Memory card contains error, please use disk checking utility on computer” appears on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone:
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14745

hey Akash,

thanks for looking up and sharing these titles, much appreciated :)

Aibek

• AkashD

Malito,
              Are you able to access you files on the memory card..? If yes, then why don’t you back up your data and format it rightaway..
              Or if, you are unable to access the card, i’ll suggest you to try it on any of the linux distros available.. try out a live Puppy linux, its small and efficient for such purposes.. you would be able to access you card. Copy imp files onto your HDD and format it from there itself.

The command line box “flashed” and closed right away because using the “RUN” dialog chkdsk requires parameters.

chkdsk volume:/r … replace “volume” with the drive letter of your memory card.