How do I fix email folders that erase emails?

Michelle January 12, 2015

I’m using an email account from our DSL provider, AT&T (Formerly Bellsouth). It’s an @bellsouth.net email address. I got a new laptop with Windows 8 a year ago, and set up my email to the Windows Mail app.

I have set up folders where I save emails ( I.E. kids school, sports, order confirmations, etc…). I also have an iPhone which I receive the same mail on. On the iPhone I see the same folders and messages as on the laptop.

Everything was fine until yesterday. I noticed on my iPhone as I tried looking for an email from a few days ago (which was in one of the folders), the folder was empty! I’ve got messages from two years ago in there.

When I got home, I checked on the laptop and confirmed those messages are still in the folder, and they are, but would not show on my phone. I checked all the other folders on my phone, and only one other (out of about 10) were misbehaving.

On my computer, all looked fine. However, later in the evening, I moved messages from my main inbox into their appropriate folders, as I do every evening. I noticed that messages I moved into the two folders that are misbehaving on my phone have disappeared! They’re no longer in my main inbox and they’re not in the folders I moved them to. They’re not in any other folder by mistake, either!

I also moved messages into some of the other folders that were still showing correctly on my iPhone, and those messages moved just fine and still show. I can’t figure out why these two folders are acting up and others are working fine!!

do you think your facebook account is hacked?
    4 Things To Do Immediately When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-immediately-facebook-account-hacked/

can you create a new account like in gmail, outlook and sync all your emails there and check that all your emails are there

• Tina Jude

Ok i Will créât one Thank you for your feedback

• Tina Jude

I hope this Will Work

• Tina Jude

But what about m'y password

• Tina Jude

Fb send me more then 100 password not one works

3. JAY

if you're an AT&T customer, i would recommend to make sure that both of the devices (computer + iphone) should be configured through imap server settings, AT&T IMAP imap.mail.att.net (993) ssl-Yes smtp.mail.att.net (465) ssl-Yes...

This will make sure to Sync the folders and the emails to specified folder according to, how you move those. Hope fully the problem will not occur again.

Subscribe for latest updates on bugs and errors with devices
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3wiN9bCi-HP9Zj79RqUOA

4. Jan F.

The first thing I would do is log into your email providers webmail interface and double-check (1) if the emails you are missing are gone from there too and (2) if the messages and folders are synchronous of what you see in your Windows mail app and/or your iPhone.

Somewhere in the webmail interface there should also be some information about your storage, the mailbox quote. Sometimes this limit is set in used up space, sometimes as a total number of messages, others have a combination of both or none at all.
    Being out of quota or "right up there" can result in issues like miss-matches between client and server where your client appears to have successfully performed an action but it has not happened on the servers side.

When you are logged into webmail you might want to check the support section there about setting up a device with your email account. That should give you the most up to date information about the server settings. Using outdated email settings can very well cause issues of these kind too.

• 7506678528

Not uisg oiv store eimal

• shankar

Not uisg oiv store eimal

• shankar

Not uisg oiv store eimal

• shankar

Jan

• shankar

Im not uiseng to my oiv stoer