How can I fix a DRAM refresh failure when booting my computer?

Susendeep Dutta September 2, 2010

Whenever I boot my PC, it used to beep once indicating succesful POST test. But nowadays, it beeps twice. It was suggested in MUO Answers that I ‘m having problem of DRAM refresh failure.

I have cleaned my RAM from black dust and earlier it was not booting up. But now it is booting with two beeps. How to fix this problem? Please suggest solutions to me.

I’m using an Intel Pentium D dual core 2.8 GHz, 250 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, 96 MB Intel graphics memory, ASrock motherboard, American Megatrends Inc. BIOS, Samsung DVD writer.

Reset the CMOS by jumper . If you have anything in any expansion slot try removing it. If you cant find the CMOS jumper, unplug the computer and wait for power to leave motherboard and remove battery onboard for 10 seconds or so and replace.

http://en.kioskea.net/contents/pc/bios.php3

I suggest resetting the CMOS as well.The easiest way to do that is by removing the battery for about 10 seconds. Make sure that your system is unplugged when you do that.

2. Prateek

Memory Diagnostics might help.

While booting your system, you get options for Memory Diagnostics along with Safe Mode and others. Just run a basic or quick check at first and that should be sufficient. If not, run an Extensive check and that should fix the problem. If problem persists, contact your vendor.

• Susendeep Dutta

Well the method I know to test my memory is by using ubuntu live cd .Are there other way to do so?While booting I do not get options for memory diagnostics.now it has started to beep thrice(three short beeps) which suggest that

Base 64K memory failure - A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad.
      what shoould be done to solve this as the technician are also ignoring my problem.