How can I fix a Credential Manager sign in problem on my HP notebook?

Estelle February 7, 2011

I can not save anything on my notebook using the save as command. The error message I get is that I need to sign into Credential Manager. I am signed in and still get this message. I have had the notebook for some time now and never had the problem before. I logged off one and logged back on again. Since then this problem occurred.

Estelle,

were you able to fix the HP Credential Manager using the methods explained by ha14 and FIDELIS? Please let us know!

Hello there, if the steps above did not help you, you could try this possible solution for your problem:

-- Start in safe mode by pressing F8 key when computer starts

-- You should see and administrator icon. This is the local administrator account. Log into that account. It should not have a password.

-- Start device manager by doing the following:
    press windows key + Pause/break key (same time)

-- Find the entry Security Devices

-- Expand the entry by clicking the + sign

-- Find the following entry TrustedbPlatform Module

-- Highlight and right click entry >> click uninstall

-- Reboot computer when asked

After computer finishes starting up, the entry will not be found and it should reinstall itself. Hope it helps,

Hi
    it appears to be a software glitch on HP's side, you can reinstall the OS and try again from scratch!
    or
    Start -> control panel -> HP ProtectTools Security Manager -> Credential Manager

inside there is a check box that says use credential manager to logon .... or something similar to that. uncheck it. hit ok. restart the machine.

Procedure 2:

Start -> control panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall Credential Manager

Procedure 3:

Download the Credential manager from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37001-37500/sp37096?.exe

When installing, it will give you an option to repair/remove. Choose remove and uninstall this program

or
    http://helpspa.com/other/disable-hp-protect-tools-credential-manager-single-sign-on-popup/

or
    Reboot into repair mode, rename the HP app directories, reboot back into windows and you should be able to log in. then rename the original directories back and ran the install package for the main portion of the security software.