How to fix corrupted .RAR archives with a CRC error message?

Holly14wood July 1, 2014

How to fix corrupted .rar archives?

I see CRC error messages when I attempt to open my WinRAR archive. I have Windows 7.

1. Darrien Gordon

For the past few hours I have been receiving an error message while trying to open RAR file. The software suggested here seems to be good, but, I would like to have your suggestion about Remo RAR Repair which I found while surfing on internet

Re-download the file.
    Holly14wood, I'm just wondering. I've noticed that in the last few days you've asked about Outlook Express not working, corrupt DBX files, corrupt Excel files and corrupt downloaded files. Did these files just happen to get corrupted recently, or perhaps there's something more fundamentally wrong with your system which is throwing up all those errors?

Is there perhaps something more fundamentally wrong with your

3. Howard B

If it's a downloaded file, either the source file was corrupted or it got corrupted in transmission (during the download); I'd suggest downloading it again.

If it's a multi-part (file.rar, file.r01, file.r02... or file.part01.rar, file.part02.rar) you can check each part separately to see which file(s) need to be re-downloaded.

If it's a problem with the source (the website or torrent), you can usually contact them to have them replace the file(s) and re-download, or look for a "fix" torrent to replace the damaged file(s).

If it's just one damaged file, you may also be able to find that one file separately.

well you can use winrar built in repair function. open your archive directly or drug and drop on winrar main interface and use hotkey ALT+R.