How do I fix a corrupt SQL database?

Victor41johnson July 10, 2014

How do I fix a corrupt SQL database?

Last week I backed up my SQL Server by using BE 2012. I named the file “SQL Server BAK” which contained copies of my SQL Server databases.

A few days ago I lost some part of my data due to accidental deletion. I backed it up, so I tried to restore the database from the .BKF file. The problem is that when I try to to restore my .BKF file, it becomes inaccessible.

Does anyone know what causes this? I’m suspecting corruption here (it’s just a suspicion as I’m not sure). Please help me. The copies of my databases are very crucial.

Many thanks in advance.

1. James D

It seems like your bkf file is corrupt and you need to repair it.
    You may use third party bkf repair tool to fix it. But, before purchasing any software test your file with the demo version of the software.

2. Jake36veskens

Hi

If you need to manually restore an SQL Database in Management Studio you can follow the instructions below for the version of SQL Server running on your server.

SQL 2012:

1. Log onto SQL Server Management Studio.
    2. Navigate to the database you wish to restore.
    3. Right Click > Tasks > Restore > Database.
    4. Once on the General tab set the source to Device > Select Backup Device > Add > Navigate to the .bak file you're restoring to.
    5. Ensure The Destination Database is the correct one.
    6. Select the Options tab.
    7. Check "Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE)" and "Close existing connections to destination database".
    8. Uncheck "Take tail-log backup before restore".
    9. Click OK.

Regards

perhaps .BKF file is corrupted you need to repair.