How can I fix my computer after a failed Hackintosh Snow Leopard installation?

Alex November 24, 2010

For a long time, I’ve been waiting to be able to get a copy of Snow Leopard to put on my PC. When I walked into the Apple store today, I saw a little sticker on the Snow Leopard cases that it had version 10.6.3 on it, so I decided that just meant I didn’t have to update it later.

I checked many sites to make sure I knew what to do, and printed out one just in case. I saw there are many ways to do it, and I used iBoot Supported. It seemed like the best way to do it.

I managed to get to the install process, and then I realized that if I wanted to do it, I would have to erase everything on my hard drive. I decided to go back to my Windows 7 Home Premium installation to make sure I had everything I wanted backed up, but it already managed to make it so that I couldn’t start up Windows. I then decided that I had no choice but to go on with Snow Leopard. After many (failed) attempts, I could not get it to work.

I decided that I should go back to Windows 7. After another failed attempt to do something right, I finally managed to get the Dell Windows 7 disk that came with my laptop to install Windows 7, but now I can’t get the right screen resolution, can’t scroll down with the trackpad, it now lets me use the keyboard and trackpad at the same time (which is a bad thing), and the WEI scoring is almost right, except it gave the graphics and gaming graphics a 1.0 instead of being 4.

It also won’t let me use Windows Aero. I spent all of my money on my laptop and barely managed to get just enough to get Snow Leopard, so I can’t afford to pay to fix anything, and I’m one of those people who can’t live without their computer and also is very picky, and can’t do anything if something isn’t right, so I really need answers as soon as possible.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop, 17-inch screen, running Windows 7 Home Premium, with Intel Core i5 processor, and 4 GB DDR3 RAM.