How do I fix blinking or flashing tabs in Chrome?

Sandia911 S September 6, 2014

Hi everyone,

I have a very annoying problem ever since i started using Chrome. When i click on a link to open a new tab the screen flashes white or blinks in an annoying way slightly upsetting my eyes.

I have put up with it until now but really I need a solution to fix it. Strangely it only blinks if I left click on the link however opening the link by right clicking (open in a new tab) doesn’t cause the flash.

Another issue, which I think is related, is whenever I have several tabs open and leave them idle for a long time and then go to click on them it sometimes takes up to 5-10 seconds for the page to appear again. As if Chrome has forgotten what its tabs looked like and needs time to bring them to life again.

How did you fix these problems? I run a clean Windows 7 with latest version of Chrome and fast Internet. Thanks!

1. Tim

I have the same problem, and to my knowledge have no extentions. How can I find out if I have extensions? If I don't, any other thoughts?

2. Sandia911 S

ok i will try it

3. Sandia911 S

no it's not recent and i just disabled hacker vision but no effect. I only have these extentions

addblock

empty new tab page

ginfinity Infinite scroll for Google search results and a lot of other improvements to your browser experience.

IMDb Context Menu 1.0

Linkclump 2.7.3 Lets you open, copy or bookmark multiple links at the same time.

Magic Actions for YouTube™ 6.7.9.2
    Enhance your YouTube watching experience! Auto HD, Ad Block, Cinema Mode, Mouse Wheel Volume Control, Screenshot.

Recent Bookmarks 1.6.2
    A list of recent bookmarks in descending order, grouped by the day they were added.

Search YouTube™ 2.1
    This extension makes you perform a quick search on YouTube™. Just type 'yt' in the omnibox

Send to Google Maps 3.5
    Sends the current text selection with 1-Click to Google Maps. Permissions Visit website

SmoothScroll 1.3.0
    Scrolls the websites smoothly when scrolling with the mouse wheel or the keyboard Permissions Visit website

StumbleUpon 6.2.27.2

TabsPlus 8.8.5
    Manage your tabs Permissions Visit website

my guess is to disable all extensions, enable them one by one until to see which extension is causing this. Start with TabsPlus

4. Sandia911 S

well i have something called hacker vision which is an extention and it's really good it changes white pages to black and makes it easier on the eyes its good when looking at the page but opening links within to page to lead to another page creates flashing blinks whether it's related or not i dont' know

is it recent problem? uninstall hacker vision just to check.

maybe you have conflict with extensions on chrome?