How can I fix the audio drivers in Windows XP?

Hussain March 16, 2011

I have a P3 computer. When I formatted Windows XP, my sound driver was shown, but now it isn’t. It’s coming and going. What to do?

Hello, Was your computer manufactured by a know manufacturer like Dell, Toshiba, etc? If it is, go to their website and look for your drivers there. Drivers are usually found under the heading Support or Downloads. The only thing you have to do, is go to their website, fill in the boxes with the information for your computer like operating system, model, etc, and it will show you the drivers available for your computer.

If for some reason, you do not know who the manufacturer is for you sound card, go to the following site and download the software. The software is called Everest Home and it is free. It will tell you what is in your computer and it will also tell you about unknown devices. Most times you can get the manufacturer's name. Once you know that, you can visit the website and download drivers.
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Also, you can also try going to windows updates manually. For the scanning choose custom scan and then it will show you the optional updates. Most times these optional installs include the sound drivers.

2. M.S. Smith

If you happen to know who makes your audio hardware, your best bet is to simply go to the website for the manufacturer and download their latest driver package. This is probably happening because Windows is having trouble installing the driver on its own, so you need to do it manually.

You might even be able to do it from a disc if you still have the driver disc for your computer, although if it's running a Pentium 3 processor, you may have lost that by now. I know I would have!