Which firewall is better? Comodo vs. ZoneAlarm.

iamcreasy March 23, 2010

Which firewall is better between these 2
1. Comodo Firewall (Free)
2. ZoneAlarm Firewall (Free)

Can anyone explain?

1. Adam

I have been a ZoneAlarm user for many years upgrading as their version evolved. With version 10, I found the changes digressed from previous versions. It does not seem to have the individual application control of previous version. So, I'm running an earlier version of ZA on one computer and Comodo (for the first time) on another. Comodo seems to be less taxing on computer resources. Also, ZA at times have trouble loading and one cannot access the control panel from the tray. A reboot usually corrects this, but it is annoying.

2. Bowling

I tried them both i used for about (6) months it had to many pop ups. Ive been using comodo now for about two years now and i love it you can't beat the protection and the best part is that it's all FREE for life. I would suggest that you try them both and see which that you like best i think that you will wind up with comodo. All the best.

3. Ritalin

comodo rocks za sucks

4. kikin

COMODO is the Best, but ZoneAlarm is the most easy to use.

• Ritalin

i totally agree

5. rob

Comodo firewall is the best it free license for life and you don't have to pay like zonealarm is ok i try it and it was all set to high level but it has to much pop-up's and tell you the truth comodo is the bomb on firewall and try it see for yourself.....

They're both good, as are many other products. It's a question of horses for courses. I suggest you search for reviews on both and make up your own mind.

7. Taty

Zone Alrma isn't bad. A bit invasive though. Never tried Comodo, so I'd take Aibek's advice on that.

8. gkdoda

I also tried Zonealarm few years back and compared it with many other firewall softwares like tinyfirewall and many other. At that point, Zonealarm was my favourite as it gave better security and many options as compared to many other.

I used to have Comodo for about two years and was fairly satisfied with it. Heard lots of good stuff about ZoneAlarm but to be honest never tried it.

FYI ZoneAlarm also ranks in top 10 most downloaded security apps.