Is there a Firefox-like download sorter extension for Chrome?

Jay July 25, 2011

It recently struck me that my browser (Chrome Canary on MBPro) should be able to recognize that .mp3 files go into the music folder.

Does this exist? I can’t find it. If it doesn’t, shouldn’t it? I’d be grateful for any insights!

1. TheGooch

It should have been written by now, unless the way Chrome works "under the hood" makes it impossible to write such an extension. I'm going to write a Python script that does the sorting, and have it run periodically using Window task manager. 

Jay,

does Free Download Manage work for you or did you find another solution. Please let us know. Thank you!

3. Saikat Basu

We had a similar question last year - How can I sort downloads based on file type in Chrome?
    I couldn't find a specific extension, but you can use something like Free Download Manager which can catch your downloads and put them in specific folders.