Why doesn’t Firefox work?

Leslie Norman January 19, 2012

My Firefox crashed when my computer went down because of a telephone line problem. The line is now fixed and I have access to everything but Firefox doesn’t work. What could be the problem?

Hello, uninstall firefox just make sure to keep your profile and settings.  Download a new version of firefox and install it.

2. Jay.0

What exactly happens when you try to browse?
    I mean firefox opens but can't connect to internet or you can't open firefox as Chris said ?

If it can't connect to internet :

Restart pc or reconnect internet first.

Sometimes, for some strange reason, firefox can't connect until you open a test web page like google from another browser like IE or chrome.
    Try this.

Reinstall firefox if this does not work.

3. Chris Hoffman

Try opening Firefox in safe mode -- Hold the Shift key and click the Firefox shortcut icon.

If this doesn't work, it's possible Firefox is still running in the background. You can try to end it through the task manager, but it's probably simpler to just reboot your computer.