Can you help me finding a good anti-glare filter?

Kathy July 5, 2010

I have a laptop that I’d like to use outside, but the screen is extremely reflective (even inside).

I’ve been looking for an anti-glare screen for it, but the few I’ve found have very skimpy descriptions, so I can’t tell if they would fit, and/or have very unhelpful reviews, i.e. the customers seem to either really like it a lot or absolutely hate it.

I’ve never purchased this type of product. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for?

Thanks, Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Didi you find a solution to your problem? Please let us know.

Aibek

2. Kathy Kearny

Thanks for the info. My laptop is an HP but their website doesn't seem to acknowledge that there could be a glare problem. I have gotten some usability by tweaking the brightness settings but still need to find some sort of filter.

• Saikat Basu

Try out CNET.com and search for anti-glare screens. There are some product reviews, which also might be available in your part of the world. But with anti-glare screens, it's best to buy it firsthand afeter trying it out rather than purchasing it online.

3. Saikat Basu

Kathy, your buying choices will differ as per the availability in the local markets. But here's a good buying guide from HealthyComputing.

You can also consult the retailer who sold you the laptop or maybe another customer who is having the same experience with the glare. What's the make of your laptop by the way?