Where can I find Windows XP network drivers for a Gateway P series laptop that came with Windows Vista?

Cody Mauke April 20, 2012

I recently went from Windows Vista to Windows XP SP3. In doing so, I found out afterward, my laptop doesn’t have any network drivers at all for Windows XP. Can anyone lead me to where I can download them, so I can transfer via USB to my laptop?

1. Larbran47

download cpuz..it will give you  system  information about  your  laptop. Then you can search for  drivers  matching your laptop.
     If the network is  integrated then you  probably  have to  install the  chipset  drivers for  the  model of your  laptop

Both Mike's and Susendeep's answers are excellent. If you still can't find a driver, use the chipset (or, depending on the laptop, the wireless NIC) information to find a driver by simply googling the exact model and "XP" (e.g. "
    RealTek RTL8139/810x XP" but without the quotation marks).

3. Susendeep Dutta

You can try to get drivers for Windows XP for your laptop by visiting the page link below -

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1

Note :-The above link is just an example.Since you have not mentioned the model number of your laptop,you need to select it by clicking on [Change selected product] and change the OS to Microsoft Windows XP (edition you have installed-professional/Home) present at the top of the page.

If the driver can't be found within the Gateway Support downloads you will have to find out the chipset of the network adapter and try the manufacturers homepage.

The chipset information should be either stated in your systems specification or you can use a tool like SIW to get the details.