Where can I find Windows 7 drivers for my Gigabyte motherboard?
Question by Krishna Himantha /

I recently installed Kubuntu as I couldn’t find Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers for my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC).

Is there any way that I would be able to install the correct drivers for my motherboard on Windows 7?

• Dimal Chandrasiri

sadly, your main board doesn’t support windows 7. although you can install it. if you really want to install windows 7, get a software which allows you to find the perfect drivers for your main board. but, it’ll be a real headache for you. :( if you can spend some extra cash, try buying a new main board which supports windows 7. that’ll be a good option since, I don’t recommend using drivers that are not designed specifically for your MB.

• Dave Rimmer

If you go to here – Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC it does have all the drivers for your board, but not the OS as Fidelis has stated if you click on Choose your OS only XP is shown so if you cannot install Windows 7 then try installing XP and running the compatible monitor to see if you can upgrade to Windows 7.

• Lambvolution

you can search on gigabyte web..

• Amit Sinha

windows 7 has inbuilt feature to recognize most of motherboards you do not have to worry to install all your motherboard based hardware will work fine on windows 7.

• Kylee Kanavas

Try just searching google.

• ali bubu

often it is helpful to check for drivers at the homepages of the chipbuilders like Amd, Nvidia,Intel,Realtek etc. Please read the technical infos or the manual which chips are used, then look for drivers on their homepages or on special driversites like http://www.driverguide.com, http://www.drivers.com,driverzone.com and others.

• jrasulev

Yep, as FIDELIS mentioned above try to install Windows 7. I myself have Gigabyte mother board and a few days ago I installed Windows 7 and did not have to worry about the drivers, as Windows recognized hardware and later downloaded updated drivers through Windows update

Hello, usually if there are no drivers available for windows 7, you can make do with vista drivers. In the case of your motherboard, the following link will take you to the download section. Unfortunately, neither vista nor windows 7 are options. I would say only option you have is to try installing windows 7 and see if it finds generic drivers for it. Windows 7 is pretty good at finding drivers. Here is the link for download page: