Where can I find unbiased reviews of aftermarket Apple parts and accessories?

Mike July 25, 2011

I recently bought a replacement battery for a MacBook Pro from OWC, on sale due to a “programming error”. Unfortunately, as I later learned that seemed to be code for “will stop working after 6 weeks”.

Shopping for another one, I couldn’t find any websites that have tests or reviews of aftermarket Mac batteries or other replacement parts. Any suggestions?

It’s the sort of thing you can’t just Google because search results are always clogged with shopping/spam pages.

1. jhpot

It's not the parts you should be looking into; it's the vendors. If you get ripped off they're the ones doing so. I'd recommend looking into them, seeing if the have a customer support channel and see if anyone has left a review about them. 

Sorry if this isn't much help, it's just that buying after market parts is tricky. Where people I know have found success a good relationship with a vendor has been key.