How do I find out what theme a website is using?

Anonymous February 4, 2014

Hi,
I would really like to know what theme www.moddeals.com is using. How can I find this out? Thank you.

1. Joe

Its created on ASP.NET hosted on IIS 7.5 web server using twitter plugins, Moderniser1.6, jQuery UI 1.10.0 and jquery 1.8.2 with Google Analytics. Try developer.chrome.com/extensions/? but not sure which one

2. kiharaq

Right click on the webpage. In Chrome and Firefox, select "View page source" . Like James and Guy said, it clearly isn't WordPress.

3. James B

It's not wordpress. It's a custom theme running on the "Brand Retailers" CMS, whatever that is. You can usually find everything out by examining the URLs on the source code:

images.brandretailers.com/moddeals/assets/...

maybe it is custom theme

How do I find out what WordPress template a site is using?
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/find-wordpress-template-site/

5. Guy M

Often, the name of a theme will be shown in the footer of the website, if it's a free theme. If not, I view the source code and see if I can determine what theme is being used from there.

What you are looking for in the source code is a link to a stylesheet and something looking like '...wordpress/themes/MyThemeName/css...' where MyThemeName is the name of the theme. Then you can do a web search for that theme, probably find the original developer of it and either download it or buy a copy from them.

ModDeals.com does not appear to be using WordPress and the source code does not reveal any sort of theme. It is probably custom developed. Nonetheless, there are many WordPress themes out there that are very similar in appearance.

If it is a custom theme, you might be able to tell what it's called, but chances are you won't be able to download it from anywhere. Copying the code or theme from the site is also not recommended as that is unethical and possibly illegal.

Write to them and ask!