How can I find a store shelf simulator for a website?

Andy May 12, 2010

I am looking for an application (maybe flash-based) that would look like a mini store shelf, with products on it, so that I can embed it on my website. The user should be able to grab products with the mouse and and take a better look (e. g. rotate 90%).

Naturally, I will need some simple tools to be able to design the products myself. Ideally it should store data about the user behavior, but let’s not be greedy. :)

I am pretty sure that such things must exist on the net but for some reason I could not find any (free or for sale). I have to assume I am searching for the wrong keywords.

So (1) does anyone know such an application (free or paid)? and (2) how would this group of applications be called?

1. Steve Campbell

Andy,

I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure what it would called. A lot of sites that feature something like that have them custom designed by a web designer using flash and flash elements. If you're willing to pay for such a setup, you could try posting a project on scriptlance for somebody.

If you want to continue the search, be sure to search the terms flash storefront and flash web design to see what turns up.

I don't really understand what you are looking for, but you could try these search strings: dynamic, product, display, store, e-commerce.

From what I understand, you'd need two things: the online store system, and the product display generator. If you are willing to shell some cash, why not hire someone to build a system that fits your need? Try to search: freelancer, outsource.

Good luck with your store.

• Andy

Thanks for your comment It should be something like this http://i.imgur.com/rB5CO.png just that animated. It should be used for testing rather than selling - I am not in that market and do not have the money :)