Where can I find quality content for my website?

Ibrahim Nadir September 1, 2012

I have a website related to tips and tricks on computer, internet, tools and applications. Somewhat social news too, and education tips and tricks. But I don’t seem to find some good content. All ideas I had seem to fade away. I searched Google too, but nothing seems to make me say yes! this is what I want.

Is there some sites I can read and get ideas from? MakeUseOf is my inspiration, but I need similar sites if not the same. My site is tipnest.com

follow famous tech blogs like megaleecher.net , labnol.org and many others

2. dhanunjayarao chunduri

go to google news channel and tech

3. dhanunjayarao chunduri

it might not work, as u will end up posting things which already exists.
    Start with writing something on ur own issue/tip/suggestion/question.

4. mrinal

i used the chrome extension ..Page Rank Status ,
    the logic is simple with good rank comes better and authentic content.
    It give you much details like alexa rank page rank etc with just a single click ,,
    ream more @

5. Dylan Brendan

AppCrush is looking for websites to join their network. Email them: AppCrush[at]gmail[dot]com

• Ibrahim Nadir

No words. You have given me so much to read that i can't even manage it now. Love you all. And love makeuseof for providing such a platform. I am going to keep asking stuff here... Thanks a lot! everyon!!! But tell me how to edit a commented i already did :P cuz i left my email open to bots... thanks to rama moorthy who told me to avoid this mistake.

• Erlis Dhima

I'm glad I could help you!
        I love to have a site about computer & networking too, but that needs time & money of course!
        Maybe it'll be a dream for me... Who knows...

• Ibrahim Nadir

dont say its a dream. My site isn't so bad. It cost me only 40 dollars! :P you can do the same... time... well... where there is love and priority... time is always there! Go for it! i guess on $40 my site is ok right? :D see my site at http://www.tipnest.com :)

• Nasim Mayar

dear Ibrahim Nadir;
          i have just gone through your site, it is really good and useful but still you can make more impressed by adding more useful tips.

good lucks with your site.

• Ibrahim Nadir

thnx nasim mayar!

6. Mohit Khanna

You can get this app for android - "Pulse News" ... and then add from 100's of news feeds to your phone that gets updated daily! From there you can gather what all info you need posted and just share it via email and then publish it on your website!

Links :

• Ibrahim Nadir

Good suggestions. i think all at one place is what i need. Although i know almost about all of these sites.

Thanks to all :) You guys are great!

7. alexkurtev

40Tech, CNET How To, Hack College, How to geek, lifehack.org (not lifehacker), appstorm

You can try wiki and howstuffworks websites, plethora of knowledge lying there. I simply love How Stuff Works http://www.howstuffworks.com/ . :)

• Ibrahim Nadir

yeah i love that site. thanks for the reminder. i will take another look at it too :)

The best content is your own content! I write for a number of sites and find the best is the original!
    If you want me to write some walkthroughs/tutorials then send me your email and I will be happy to help.

• Alan Wade

Is this your site? tipnest.com
      I dont see the computer tips section although in all fairness didnt spend a lot of time at the site.

• Ibrahim Nadir

I am afraid this comment of urz is spot on. I think i should remove that computer word frm everywhere. Still i'd love your assistance. you can mail me => ibrahimnadir[at]gmail[dot]com

10. Justin Pot

There's no magic formula here: you just need to find problems that you're passionate about solving and then solve them. Write as you go. If you all you do is write about software you learned about from other blogs you will always be behind and will have a hard time building up a reader base.

Find developers whose work you enjoy and follow them on Twitter; you'll be the first to know when their new project comes out. Build up a healthy collection of RSS feeds. From other blogs, yes, but also from newspapers and mailing lists and relevant forums. Find the places where people working on cool software hang out.

Anyway, I'm not going to give away too much secret sauce, but just know that watching other blogs for content is only one part of a broader strategy.

• Ibrahim Nadir

Thanks justin. I got the idea what i am lacking is i see sites but i think i dont follow them regularly. I really need to make an account and get all the RSS from all sites so i can get updated daily and pick my kind of stuff.

Still i am waiting to get a list of cool sites. ANYBODY????

• GrrGrrr

• Ibrahim Nadir

Thanks GrrGrr :)

But the idea is to get the IDEA :) you know what i mean. For instance i can explore it more to make my own article. To emphasize on another feature of that website. Just want to generate a list. thats all... Thanks guys

• rama moorthy

Follow those you like on twitter .. install a twitter desktop client .which will show you realtime updates (streaming) .. i suggest Destroy Twitter . metrotwit .. not good .
          so that you can get the IDEA and can do your job well ..
          Good Luck ..!

Did you saw howtogeek which is geeky in nature and provides howtos and technicalities.

• Ibrahim Nadir

yes dutta. Thanks for the suggestion i follow it already.

12. Greenlightpc Channel

Hi there Ibrahim,

I have had a look at your website and am very impressed with it. I was expecting it to be a amateur site but the design is magnificent.

I have a YouTube channel called GreenLightPC and I believe I could help you provide content to your website in multiple ways.

Would it be possible for you to contact me through YouTube or could you give me an email address so that we could discuss this further?

Alternatively, you may prefer to contact me through Facebook, please be aware that this is checked less frequently though:

• Ibrahim Nadir

Thanks greenlightpc. my email is => ibrahimnadir[at]gmail[dot]com

• rama moorthy

Hey Ibrahim .. dont post your e-mail id on anywhere on the web .. the spam bots will spot it .. if you want to post post like this