How can I find a person by their mobile cell number?

Megan Hackney July 18, 2012

Trying to locate my boyfriend by cell phone number. Are there any websites or software that are the best out there that I can put on my laptop without a virus on it?

1. asad naz

can u tell me the method of finding the data about any number?????????????????

2. bob

I am trying to find out the name of the person with a cell number. Can this be done?

3. kumar raja

create an free account in and in that u can find the person where he is calling it will show the operator name and the location

4. Amit Sinha

the only good option is that you both share your location information via google maps then you can locate each other on the map

5. venkatp16

what is this SAT GPS locate?? i shows up all non-sense.. does this work really

6. jeo buddenroma

It depends on how your trying to locate your friend. If your tring to locate them by GPS they would have to register their phone with a service , allot of services are free today such as Google latitude and buddy way which are a free service but you might have to pre-install the app onto the phone or get them to sign up with them.

If you have lost/ or your cell phone has been stolen you can locate them by the imie number which comes with every phone. Also if you havent installed software of a location app you can use Mr Tracker which locates a mobile number via sms . This online app works but you have to pay for it. it locates lost or stolen phones via imie numbers and locates cell phones around the world by sms. you can find Mr tracker on the internet don't know if you can get it for free but i got mine from make sure their phone is compatible as-well and that the counrty carrier is listed too.

Mr tracker works via sms , once you send them a sms and they reply to it , you will be given latitude and longitude coordinates within their replied sms which you then input into Google maps or just use their online service. its pretty easy to use once you try it out a few times.

Their are other alternatives if you like spy apps but they all have to be installed before hand.

here are few links:

7. Charlie Player

Bitdefender Anti-theft may be..or SAT GPS locate

8. MerVzter Balacuit

in my country, my network provider can give you the location if you will ask them but the person ur trying to find must reply yes or no to enable his/her location sent to you, not so good specially in emergency situation, i dont know in your location

9. antoine

i'm sure you can't track someone by their mobile number . but there is one think you can do . is to install a software in the cell phone and track the location in any website at the internet who offer the software to be installed in the cellphone . example you can try google latitude . or if the cellphone is blackberry plenty website offer this options simply for the phone owner . and to track a cell phones by their number you must be near to the location where the cell phone is and you need an equipment "police equipement " about 500 000 $ . you can take a look by googling about this equipement to take an idea.

10. Yvonne Dixon

SPOKEO -"Spokeo's reverse phone lookup functions like a personal caller-ID system. Spokeo's reverse phone number search aggregates hundreds of millions of phone book records to help locate the owner's name, location, time zone, email and other public information. Find anyone by cell phone, mobile, or landline today"I LOVE SPOKEO

11. Whorehay M

With or without his knowledge? You could try something like Google Latitude.

There are several things that you must have before you can track a cell phone:

1. For legal reasons, you ABSOLUTELY MUST be the owner (meaning you pay the bills on it) of the phone in question. If you aren't, then don't read any further.

2. The phone MUST have the Android operating system. Phones that have this OS include manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC, LG and more. If you don't know, look for the words "Google" somewhere on the phone. If you see this, it's got Android.

3. There are two ways that you can do this - either remotely or from the phone itself. A remote installation requires that you have a computer logged into the Google account registered with the phone. This boils down to the account you get your e-mail on, on the phone. Remotely means you can install something on your phone from a distance, without actually having the phone in your possession. But in order to do this, the phone must have 3G capabilities or be connected to a wireless network. Having GPS will help quite a bit, too.

4. You will install Plan-B on your phone. The link will take you directly to the installation page. By clicking on "install", if you are logged into the phone's Google account, it will remotely install. Read the directions on the download page to find out more on how to configure Plan B.

And remember you must own the phone before you can do this legally.

• Shiva

Dear Friend,

I am looking for a system in my handset which would enable me to locate the incoming call with all details like : the current location of the caller, the service provider, etc...

If you know any such type of software which i an install on my phone for free kindly let me know on my email id : kongarishivaji at

My phone is an android version phone....

13. Vipul Jain

Have Faith!
    SAT GPS Locate!

This is only possible if there is some tracking software running on the phone.

So basically you would have to (1) get hands on your friends phone to install it and (2) get his permission to do so. If you do it without the persons approval it is a violation of privacy.

Any other means of tracking (e.g. via phone number or IMEI) is limited to law enforcement.

15. Shakirah Faleh Lai